Back From the Dead!
Kelowna's favourite horror film festival is back from the dead!
The twisted minds of the Okanagan’s finest filmmakers unite to bring you local short horror films for your Halloween viewing pleasure.
Because of COVID-19, HorrorFest will be an online film festival this year. All submissions will be available to screen from October 25th, with the winner(s) being announced on the 29th.
The audience will choose the winner of the Best Film as well as individual awards.
To create nostalgia, we will also release 25+ films of the Best of HorrorFest from years past.
Some films may be not be suitable for children, viewer discretion is advised!
Click the button below for the HorrorFest entry form.
RULES & ELIGIBILITY
• Films must be submitted by 11:59am on Thursday, October 21st.
• Films can be no longer than 15 minutes in length, including credits.
• Films must be of the horror, thriller or dark drama genre. Or include horror elements (ex. zombie comedy)
• We like to push the limits too, but if your film is deemed too offensive, it will not be screened and will be considered disqualified with no refund.
• No limit on number of submissions per filmmaker.
• $30 entry fee per film submission. ($15 for OSIF Members)
• Final version of the film must be handed in by 11:59am, Thursday, October 21st… No exceptions!
• Upload a HD version of your film to YouTube to be screened by the judges. Set the privacy to "Unlisted"
• Please send (dropbox, google drive, dropsend, etc.) a HD or 4K video file of your film to email@example.com. Preferable format is .mov or .mp4 - H.264 or Apple ProRes 422. This video will be used at the screening.
• Please fill out the submission form in full. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
• Please pay the Entry Fee at the time of your submission. Donation form is below to pay by credit card, or send an e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Films will be judged by this year's online audience. A poll will be conducted by the viewers to select this year's best HorrorFest film.• Individual Awards will be selected as well for the following: Best Story, Best Acting, Best Audio, Best Cinematography, Best SPFX/Makeup, & Best Death Scene.
• Best Local Film - $250 cash + $250 Credit of OSIF equipment rental + 1 Year OSIF Membership + OSIF swag + 4 VIP tickets to the Field of Screams corn maze + Your name immortalized on the OSIF Cup!
**Prizes are non-transferable, and must be used by the winner.
OSIF Members - $15, General Public - $30
Use the Donation Form Below, or send an e-transfer to email@example.com
HorrorFest Film Submissions are not accepted until the Entry Fee is paid in full.